Okay, observation of the day...
Seems like most (take that however you like it) of the people around me are all into "Doing PT (physical training), hooah!" nothing wrong that. I wish I had time or energy to do more myself. Then again...
So the problem is that they like look down on you if you don't get all crazy like they do. Heaven forbid you should have to work. I mean sometimes work is more than pushing stuff off on other people. So they are all "PT, Hooah!" and whatever, and here comes the contradiction. They can't be bothered to walk across the hall and get a piece of paper off the printer, oh God Almighty save us all if they had to walk to Someone Else's desk to get the phone. So they will run around the lake a hundred times, lift a million pounds, and do P-90X or whatever sometimes starting in the middle of the freaking day and yet they wouldn't think of walking to another desk, across the hall...much their trailer, chow, or to the laundry.
Go figure.
And then there's the fact that I have probably spent hours of this deployment (during "duty hours") at my desk, while they have probably spent days if not months. I wish I had a timer that I could keep track of my time spent there. Fact is though I would probably have to get up so much and sometimes so fast that I would forget to check in or out. So the Hell with it.
We as humans are a big steaming pile of contradictions, this is just one more example.
"This certainly is a nice hand-basket," said the Traveler.
"Yes only the best for where we are going," replied the Porter.
"Oh," exclaimed the Traveler, interest piqued. "And where would that be?"
The Porter just smiled.
Cheers,
g
No comments:
Post a Comment