
I know I don't usually start with a picture but I kinda promised my brother he'd see one o' these. Yours Truly, At Play in the Waves.
I'll say this the Garden Island sure beats the Hell outta the Garden State, just sayin' yeah. and how could you go really wrong with an island that has one main Road? And when you add the view from our room into the mix...yeah its good.

In my humble opinion, it is the island to go back to, it seems less commercial really, like you really are getting away from it all. And let's face it that is what we all sometimes need. So we set off in the rental car and headed one way one day and the other the next, what more can you do? I think it is safe to say that our appetite has been properly wetted for a return trip.
Coolest thing hands down of the islands has gotta be the wild chickens (seen above), I mean how cool is that? I can't wait to get some for the backyard (or course we'll have to figure out a way to keep the dogs from thinking they are little tennis balls while they are chicks). I think it's cool anyway, guess maybe I am just a dork.Interlude: Home
Almost thought I wouldn't have anything to really say this time around, you know the Process continues... And then I turned on the weekend morning news and saw that a Drag Queen was the anchor, not that there is anything wrong with that... but I mean c'mon, yeah.
I don't know maybe I need to think the whole thing through, I won't say it's all roses and Care Bears 'round here, but... I have been trying to stay on track with myself, whatever the Hell that means. The missus and I went to The City (that is and always will be San Francisco. End of story. Not fekin Frisco or San Fekin Fran...The City.) for a night and had a good time. Did some shopping and drinking, what more could you ask for really. It's weird it's only like 90 minutes away and we seem to forget about it here. It really was like going somewhere and still being close to home. There will always be a certain magik that The City holds, for me anyway. We are going to try and go and stay a night each month or so, just to stay in touch.
If I find some pictures I will put them up later.
End Interlude
Almost thought I wouldn't have anything to really say this time around, you know the Process continues... And then I turned on the weekend morning news and saw that a Drag Queen was the anchor, not that there is anything wrong with that... but I mean c'mon, yeah.
I don't know maybe I need to think the whole thing through, I won't say it's all roses and Care Bears 'round here, but... I have been trying to stay on track with myself, whatever the Hell that means. The missus and I went to The City (that is and always will be San Francisco. End of story. Not fekin Frisco or San Fekin Fran...The City.) for a night and had a good time. Did some shopping and drinking, what more could you ask for really. It's weird it's only like 90 minutes away and we seem to forget about it here. It really was like going somewhere and still being close to home. There will always be a certain magik that The City holds, for me anyway. We are going to try and go and stay a night each month or so, just to stay in touch.
If I find some pictures I will put them up later.
End Interlude
Like I said we drove around and did as many of the sights as we could. We also enjoyed actually cooking for ourselves in the condo, so graciously provided by the missus mom. T'was nice cos we had a grocery store and a health/natural food store nearby. We even took a picnic up to the Canyon (the name escapes me and trying to remain true to form even though I could look it up, I'm not going to. Suffice it to say it's the Grand Canyon of Hawai'i. Knowhatamean?)
I just deleted the picture and staying true to form I am not going to bother with bringing it back up. Remind me later, cos I have a video that I haven't downloaded to the computer yet, I know right.
We also went to the "Fantasy Island" waterfall. One thing that
Hawai'i does for you is make your marvel at the magic of television. The waterfall for example looks a whole lot bigger on the TV. Same way with Oahu and the "Magnum p.i." sights. (Oh and with The City too, here is where I can tie the interlude in. Wait for it...) you know a hunk of Road could be anywhere really and getting from one place to another can be glossed over real quick. (Here it comes...) Just like in San Francisco where a car chase can take you from the 3rd Street Bridge to the Richmond District and back downtown all in the space of a heartbeat, with nary a turn. (Gosh I hope that was worth it.)
Anyway here all the falls, there was some folks swimming down at the bottom, so that was pretty cool (for them anyway.) Chrissake I just deleted that fekin picture too, maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now...
I just deleted the picture and staying true to form I am not going to bother with bringing it back up. Remind me later, cos I have a video that I haven't downloaded to the computer yet, I know right.
We also went to the "Fantasy Island" waterfall. One thing that
Hawai'i does for you is make your marvel at the magic of television. The waterfall for example looks a whole lot bigger on the TV. Same way with Oahu and the "Magnum p.i." sights. (Oh and with The City too, here is where I can tie the interlude in. Wait for it...) you know a hunk of Road could be anywhere really and getting from one place to another can be glossed over real quick. (Here it comes...) Just like in San Francisco where a car chase can take you from the 3rd Street Bridge to the Richmond District and back downtown all in the space of a heartbeat, with nary a turn. (Gosh I hope that was worth it.)
Anyway here all the falls, there was some folks swimming down at the bottom, so that was pretty cool (for them anyway.) Chrissake I just deleted that fekin picture too, maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now...
So anyway here they are first up the canyon...

...and then the falls.

And that's it for me I gotta quit before I redo e'ery fekin thing. Not even going to spell check for Fear of deleting the whole thing...
Cheers,
g
nice pics and am glad that you are back
ReplyDeleteThat is one mighty fine picture Bro!
ReplyDeleteAnd the one from your window looks unreal - like a painting! Glad you enjoyed the trip - you sure as hell earned it!!