07 September 2010

The Process

Home

That is what it is though, really... a process. The re-integration process they call it, and there must be several steps, cos I'm not really sure where I am in it. Or where I ever will be, but such is life, yeah... no easy answers.

So far I've done the usual; trouble sleeping, grumpiness, a nice quiet evening with family, a trip to Hawaii, and a blow out party in the backyard. Pictures of the last two events to come (gorra find the camera first) as for the other ones... well we'll just leave them as they are.

I really don't have much to say (without the pictures anyway) but just wanted to sit down and write something. Maybe just that I am alright, not great (but when was I ever) and it has been good to be Home, to be seen, and to get back to Life. I've had great moments (and a few ugly ones, but he less said about that the better, yeah) with the missus, friends and family, and even alone. So thanks to all for yer support and understanding.

Alone... I guess this deserves a little something to be said. It is different (understatement) here alone actually feels alone, there you always knew you were surrounded by folks and chances are all you had to do was stick yer 'ead outside and there'd be someone there. The noises from next door usually cemented that without really trying or meaning to I guess. But so did the TV, that is the weirdest thing when I think about it now. I know I must have complained about AFN and the idiotic PSA/commercials that they had on there, but they really let you know where you are. I didn't really miss the TV commercials that we are used too, upon being back I can confirm that they are as lame as the AFN ones. But alone, yeah... it's weird but it's good but it's bad. Know what I mean? Cos I don't really know, not yet maybe not ever.

I guess it's all part of the process.

Pictures and words of the adventures to come.... promise.

Cheers,
g

No comments:

Post a Comment