If I've been a little preoccupied it is with good reason at least. Helping the lad with his blog and just trying to keep up with him in general has pro'ly gotten in the way of keeping up here but I (have said it before and am sure I will say it again) Hope to Change all that. It is just so damned important that I get this right, I thought I had before but.
I've started scribbling in notebooks (not the computer kind but the actual pen and paper jobs) and maybe someday will get something worth doing something with out of that exercise. I know that I have scratched out at least one story that I ended up Hating by the ending, but maybe I'll type it out and throw it up here. We've also been trying to plan how to do a couple of things that will Change our lives. (I know like we haven't Changed enough in the last year or so.) More on that as it plays out... Guaranteed
I had a bit of an epiphany the other day and it hit me not like a light coming on or a veil being removed but like a fist in the chest. I should sit down and write a letter to my wayward daughter and tell her instead of just writing letters in my head. I spent so much Time and energy trying to make sure that she was a part of my Life when I should have been trying to be a part of her's. I honestly don't know what can be done about it, but maybe realization is step one. I blew it so bad and just couldn't see it for so long so if anyone talks to her tell her I'm Sorry and maybe I've finally figured out where it all went wrong and now the healing can begin. Who knows maybe she reads this...
That's it for now (don't want to overdo it on day one) but count on more. I've got to Change my life and stop letting my life Change me!
Cheers,
g
all we can do as fathers is do our best, learn from our mistakes, and keep movin forward.
ReplyDeleteyou're a good man Brother :)