22 September 2010

"I Would Walk Through Hell On Sunday"

Yeah, no travelogue this time just want to talk a bit about Life and all that.

Why now?

Why not?

The quote (in the title, yeah) above is something I heard in less of the context I am going to use it in here. To me this is what friendship should be. Who will you stand with if the End of the World should come? Whose "side" will you be on? These are the questions that I ask myself all the time, not only that but who will be at my side. They say if a man(or woman) has handful of friends at the end of their run in Life, they can consider themselves lucky. I'd like to think that I am one of those lucky ones.

Maybe more than that, when I can honestly consider my Family to be friends as well. Much more if you figure that my Missus is my best friend as well. Not to mention that many of my closest friends and I are bound together by a relationship where we have been prepared to give our lives for (each) other(s). That bond alone makes me one of the special ones I suppose. And I am grateful to my brothers and sister in arms, proud to be counted among them.

I would like to think that regardless of the current situation of between my daughter and I, we would still be on the same "side" should the end come tomorrow. I always knew for years and years that we'd be there side-by-side, "You and me against the World" I'd say to her. It might not seem like that today, but to Hell with the pain and sadness that twists my soul every hour of everyday, it is some comfort to know that she's still my daughter and always will be.

After all, "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" and in the End we will all be judged not just separately, but by the others that we've touched, and a whole.

I know, yeah... all this talk about Judgment and the End of the World, right. Bit much for a Tuesday afternoon blog... But on the plus side it is Liverpool 1 - Northampton Town 0. Still early days and their Premiere League form has been shite, but I reckon if we can show up in the League Cup, the FA Cup, and the Europa League then that's something... And as long as Fekin United don't win the League... we'll be alright.

Okay this is a little more of the randomness that the People should be used to... No Interludes, No Pictures, or videos, or nonsense (or maybe all nonsense...I try not to judge) just words.

Now I don't want anyone to think that the End of the World or anything else has been on my mind more than usual. That I have not become obsessed with Death and any other bloody "Warning Signs." This is just the way my brain works (if you can really call it that) and all is fine with me.

Next up The Party!

Oh and I have seen the Future... and it is hairy! I may have to go back to haircuts and daily shaving this week but soon as I get "out of the bag" the beard and hair will be there too.

Cheers,
g

1 comment:

  1. I could prob'ly think of a "footy motto" that would fit nicely here :)

    Walk on, Bro, and keep the faith!

    If a man is judged by the "company he keeps" - you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete