21 December 2011

And You Shall Know Me By The Friends & Family I Keep

"It is early, some would say too damn early, others will have been up for hours. Me? I'm somewhere in between - I wake up when I get up and deal with the Time as it comes. (When it's my own choice that is. When I'm told, 'Wake up is 0530!' That makes me respond, 'That's some bullshit.')

I like pears. I am not sure how Del Monte can fuck them up so badly in their 4 oz plastic cups 'Diced and No Sugar Added.' Pears don't taste like this! It is like eating Legos.

Rant complete. The update may now start.

As for me, I'm getting stronger and more used to my role as 'the guy who can't move his neck, bend over, or pick most things up.' Don't get me wrong, I still hate most of it, but am coming to terms with it all.

What do you all think of my new ascot?
Eat your heart out Fred. Orange, really?
I have to Thank my good Friends and Family who've been by to visit. Big thanks for staying with me Brother. Even if I didn't need any help most nights as I tossed and turned (this is a figure of speech, actual tossing and turning would probably mess me up.) It was nice to hear a voice that asked if I was okay or if I needed anything.

And of course the Missus has been a saint (definitely not the martyring kind either,) and I couldn't do it without her. Even if I get grumpy and think otherwise in my blacker/bleaker moments, She's been an angel with just Enough 'Old Testament' flaming sword to deal with me when the doctor 'took out his pocket knife and cut off my horns' when I was born.

Brace? What brace? Did anyone really think I couldn't class even that thing up?
A couple of my good Friends (Brothers from other Mothers) took me out into the Real World the other day and I felt almost Human. Might have bitten off (speaking of bitten, had my first post-op beer, Hope my doctor isn't reading this) more than I coulda/shoulda chewed, but they were always kind enough to wait for me, once they realized how far back I was and never turned a corner or crossed the street without me. Seriously, thanks for that. So what that means for the rest of you is that I am now available for short trips in the car and shorter walks (not that my house isn't FUNLAND.) Liverpool vs. Wigan will be on somewhere Today, or at the very least in some format here at the house - any are welcome

My Squeezable Grenade
I am tempted to break my rule of 'No Real Names' here on SATFD to say thank you to One of my Brothers from Another Mothers' - Mother as they were, the sugar cookies were (as always) so very, very good. Thank you Mrs. E. I had better keep on walking and squeezing the grenade, so I don't end up a 4000 lb guy with a little scar on his neck. There are still a few left...but for how long?

My Grenade in Action
My ugly green music stand has come in handy lately, I can read and write (even as we speak - actually that's not right, cos it'll take the Missus awhile to actually publish this but you get the the idea.) I could even use it for music. The Missus doesn't seem to think I need a guitar couchside, so I guess I better just walk my ass back to the bedroom. Gonna have to weigh my guitars cos I bet more than half of them are heavier than 5 pounds.

Thank you to all Friends, Family and Medical professionals alike, whether it's a visit, a prayer, a text, a surgery, cookies, a phone call, emptying my pee jar, even taking the time to read this, whatever...we've made it through the First week of this Journey. I'll take my hat off to you, (cos I can't take a bow, but you all should.) Thank you from my Heart, only 3-5 weeks and a Lifetime left to go, Thank You.

I read the Baby's blog the other day...you're a'right my wee one, Love You. He/she has been dancing, kicking, rolling and generally having a ball inside the Missus, and we can't wait (Yes, we can til Feb 20th or so, at least) to see you and Hopefully hold you in my arms."

Cheers,
g

P.S. No worries Luis...You'll Never Walk Alone.

1 comment:

  1. looking good and sounding better, OOOOPS thanks to Jen for wriing this stuff that you think up. wish that we were there instead of where we are. it looks like the end is coming with us. love LOVE the ascot look, less scary and more MACHO. take care will try to see you soon, or at least call and talk. LOVE you BOTH,OR I SHOULD say all two and a have of the knott family, love frpmthe two of us

    ReplyDelete