People will watch the "Lord of the Rings" movies and never read the books.
What a waste and how wrong. Being fair the movies are art and have some manner of worth in their own right, but they aren't the books. Looking back on them it is hard to take all the dark and horrible things that were added, expanded upon, or focused on at the expense of the real things. The movies are about War and the books are more about people in a time of war and how they get by. Much of what I know of friendship I learned from "The Lord of the Rings" and "Magnum P.I." and a few other things but at their heart both of these things are about Friends and Friendship.
I might walk past my daughter and not recognize her.
Need we say more here? Not really no, this also pains me more that I can put into words. I've never been very good with faces, and the other day I was thinking I wouldn't know most of my friends from high school. Would the recognize me? When I look in the mirror I think I look much as I always have. (Now when I look at the me with no beard...I don't know if I recognize that guy. Not sure I'd Trust him either, seems like he could be a real ass.)
I know two phone numbers (that matter) by heart.
I think this may be true for more of us out there than we'd like to admit. Since the cell phone...who needs to memorize anything. I am just now getting where I can remember the Misuss' (most of the time) without having to look it up. You know what I do remember though? Nearly all of the numbers "I" had before the cell phone. Pretty much all the way back to high school (those that were "mine" for longer than a year anyway) and now I can't remember my last cell phone number.
Surgery and being helpless.
And with the above looming in the near Future (next week actually can be classified "Danger Close" in this instance) Being afraid probably isn't the greatest thing. One thing I can take comfort in is the great support that I have from Friends and Family. There was a Time when I thought I had no need of either...and now I know all too well that I cannot and will not survive without them. I have said before that if a man can be judged by his Friends then I am one of the riches men in the world. Thanks to you all in advance, I Hope that I am not as big a burden as I fear I will be. Maybe it will all be easy...greatest part is that either way I am lucky enough to be Loved.
More later I will try and keep everyone as well informed as I can. I'll even try to get some pictures in here as well. Who can't wait to seem my new scar?
Cheers,
g
hang in there. it will soon be over and just another memory, at all that a good one. love just us
ReplyDelete