23 November 2009

So the Vacation Is Over

Yep as you will see from recent photos the Vacation From Myself is over. First to go was the hair, it is just too much work to get it cut by a "professional" that and it just takes too long. Used to was, where we were before I could wander over to the "Barber" and get a quick cut. Also, and maybe this is rose-coloured glasses here but, it didn't seem like there were a thousand dudes all looking to get their haircut at the exact same moment as me. I take that back, lines sucked then don't get me wrong that is one thing that never changes, no good comes from standing in the queue. Maybe it was easier last time just to say "Forget it," and walk away. Nowadays it might be days before I get the proper amount of time and getupandgo (for lack of a better term) to actually get it done. So gone is the hair, it is too easy for me to just hit it with the clippers every couple of days.
Next came the 'stache, not that having to shave more or less of my face makes really any difference, but I think only Pirates can pull off the no hair and mustache look. Just not me, maybe I'll get bored again and try something new, but really my choices are pretty limited.
I'll post a picture in a couple of days, but whatever. The amazing thing is that you get all these geeky looks and comments, even though I've had little or no hair and no mustache way more than I have had them, yet it seems like a big deal to some people. I guess I should just be glad that they noticed. Talked to a guy the other day (no names please) and he said he shaved off his mustache the other day for the first time in like 20 years, and only 2 people commented (myself being one, natch) either way, what are you going to do.
Cheers,
g

No comments:

Post a Comment