26 November 2009

Thankfulness

Today we say thanks, for what we have, and from here what we have not as well. So without further ado...thanks.

First off I need to say how thankful I am for my wife, who has changed my life (it’s almost like I should rhyme again, but I will resist) and for all the support she has given me. It is hard to put it all in a couple of sentences and all I can really do is let her know that I will keep on being thankful, and doing my best to show her that for the rest of our lives.

Next come Family and friends back home who’ve been there for me (and are still there for me, they are just there and I am here) who I can’t look in the eye, wrap my arms around, and say thank you to. You all know who you are, so pat yourself on the back and know that I am grateful for you all and your support and love.

Now I have to say thanks to some others (they don’t read this yet, but I should probably tell them about it sometime) namely my crew here. I couldn’t ask for a better bunch. And I can smile to myself a little when I think about that. You see there were so many things that I said, “Never again” about after last deployment. I had a dream of a team, or a Family, and knew that when I had to do this again (Jennifer will no doubt notice that I didn’t say “if”) that is what had to be built. And from the top to the bottom, from side to side, and however else you want to call it, there isn’t a finer bunch. They make me proud every day. The way they work, the way we stand together, the way that we know and think of each other at each and every turn. I hope they know when I tell them, “Thanks” and “Good job” and “Y’all make me proud” etc. that I mean that with all that I am. So here’s to the Ox, Caveman, Stacker, Snapper, Robo, Blackout, Papa Smurf, and the Ma’am. Cheers Six, and thanks. You are my Family and my friends and yes (to get all sappy) I love you all. Now get back to work.

And I would be wholly remiss if I didn’t mention Those Guys, my bandmates. Thanks for helping to keep me sane, and making something that regardless of whatever else is going on is something good. Something that is ours. Thanks to Matt, the Bomber, Sprad, David, and Maturin.

Last, but not least to all my other friends and Family here suffering every step of the way together. To the 49th, for all its good and bad and otherwise is a part of my life that I am proud of. Like it or not we are a Family, with all that comes with it. To name a few (there is no way I would even try to name them all, but they know who they are) Arne, Tim, Top, Cedric, Missy, Jonothan, Sophie, Trevor, Keith, Naz, Jose, Daniel...it’s hard to tell when to stop. Please don’t anybody feel left out my brain kinda hurts here. Thank you all for all that you do...here and there, Family and friends.

Cheers,

g

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for the fact that you can write this and we can read it and know things are what they are.

    ReplyDelete