LFC -0 vs. Fulham -0
Right Sunday to the match, yeah. Here we go though...gutwrenching...futile...Campaign 09-10, yeah. All the same really, the highs (like Thursday night) are in the stratosphere and the lows...
We were just never going to score, simple stuff that...looking back anyway. But when your down in there, in the trenches with the players and the other 40,000 Reds in the stands...you believe. You feel your gut twist and turn, you bite your lip, jump up and down, and the Missus beats the Hell outa y'r arm.
Third set of seats at Anfield, probably my least favorite. If you look up into the Main Stand, towards the Kop end, where the three stripes start out the "adidas" that's us. To be fair great to be by the Kop, much better than being by the Away End.
The Kop in full song. "You'll Never Walk Alone"(Though I think I would have traded these seats for the ones for Benfica, didn't have to worry about the away fans being loud for this one...being fair there was nothing to be loud about for either side.) Even looking back I would have to say I would rather be at this match (that really summed up the whole campaign beyond any other match I think) having my gut bubble, my teeth on edge, and all that than where I am now. Or at any other club's ground rooting for them. Let me try and make this clear, its part of being a Red I think (which is much the same as being a S.F. Giants fan, really. Same kind of underdog even when you shouldn't be, Team and Supporters against the world. Where you can look and see that you are shite today, but keep believing anyway.) being there living and dying with your team. All people bleed red, but a select few bleed Liverpool Red. I can't imagine being a Fulham (or any other shite team) supporter, you know where a goalless draw is a fekin Victory (ugh, I just feel dirty thinking about it...those poor poor Blues...ugh.)
Interlude: Iraq
It's hot and those people who always tell you that, "It's not the heat it's the humidity" well they've never been here. There is no humidity and it is miserable, would humidity make it worse? I doubt it, it's like life in an oven, one of the convection ones that blows hot air all over the food. Touch your clothes and they are hot, you can taste hot here...and it tastes like shite.
My daughter is graduating High School soon, how cool is that? And here I am, in Iraq tasting the heat and dealing with AFN. What's the latest beef? You the dear reader may ask...Well it's President Obama coming on and telling me, "The most important thing a man can do is be a father" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it) Really!?!? Thanks for those words of wisdom, maybe you could tell me how to do that. I mean here I am a million miles away, trying..."That's me trying" Maybe you could help me out with my situation, maybe you could tell my daughter that. Between this and the Year of the Air Force Family...fekinel. I spend most of my time between crying and wanting to throw something at the TV. Don't you think we the fathers of the military, the estranged bastards who can't be with there kids, to do "the most important job a man can do" I wish it were that easy, I really do. I really, really do.
End Interlude
Not much more to tell about the game really, don't worry though we'll be back at Anfield again (Hopefully time and time again, yeah. I wonder how long the waiting list for season tickets really is? Maybe if I put in my application now...) In just a couple of days there's the Hillsborough Memorial, this was the match before it so there were black arm bands and a moment of silence, and hopes and wishes that the lads would really go out there and win one for the 96...
Maybe I'm getting too far behind in this thing now, seems hard to remember what went next. You know what'd we do after the match and all that. I am pretty sure it had something to do with ale, trying to fill up that gap that had been twisting in your gut and heart for 90 minutes. I don't remember looking forward or looking back to much after this one. There weren't much left in the tank, there was still the Europa Semi-Final to look to and all that. But I must say if this is how we stack up against Fulham, then the All England Final that the papers seemed to want so much just didn't seem that appetizing. I'll ask the Missus what I've missed and get back with you. Maybe the Prez will get back to me on the other thing too..
Cheers,
g
Say, "So long" to the Gaffer. Thanks for all the memories Rafa. "Siempre Posible" "You'll Never Walk Alone"
It's hot and those people who always tell you that, "It's not the heat it's the humidity" well they've never been here. There is no humidity and it is miserable, would humidity make it worse? I doubt it, it's like life in an oven, one of the convection ones that blows hot air all over the food. Touch your clothes and they are hot, you can taste hot here...and it tastes like shite.
My daughter is graduating High School soon, how cool is that? And here I am, in Iraq tasting the heat and dealing with AFN. What's the latest beef? You the dear reader may ask...Well it's President Obama coming on and telling me, "The most important thing a man can do is be a father" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it) Really!?!? Thanks for those words of wisdom, maybe you could tell me how to do that. I mean here I am a million miles away, trying..."That's me trying" Maybe you could help me out with my situation, maybe you could tell my daughter that. Between this and the Year of the Air Force Family...fekinel. I spend most of my time between crying and wanting to throw something at the TV. Don't you think we the fathers of the military, the estranged bastards who can't be with there kids, to do "the most important job a man can do" I wish it were that easy, I really do. I really, really do.
End Interlude
Not much more to tell about the game really, don't worry though we'll be back at Anfield again (Hopefully time and time again, yeah. I wonder how long the waiting list for season tickets really is? Maybe if I put in my application now...) In just a couple of days there's the Hillsborough Memorial, this was the match before it so there were black arm bands and a moment of silence, and hopes and wishes that the lads would really go out there and win one for the 96...
Maybe I'm getting too far behind in this thing now, seems hard to remember what went next. You know what'd we do after the match and all that. I am pretty sure it had something to do with ale, trying to fill up that gap that had been twisting in your gut and heart for 90 minutes. I don't remember looking forward or looking back to much after this one. There weren't much left in the tank, there was still the Europa Semi-Final to look to and all that. But I must say if this is how we stack up against Fulham, then the All England Final that the papers seemed to want so much just didn't seem that appetizing. I'll ask the Missus what I've missed and get back with you. Maybe the Prez will get back to me on the other thing too..
Cheers,
g
Say, "So long" to the Gaffer. Thanks for all the memories Rafa. "Siempre Posible" "You'll Never Walk Alone"
No comments:
Post a Comment