18 July 2010

If You've Got Shitty Footy...

...Then Yer Pro'ly a Rugby Town"
Bath
Day ?
That is what I think I've learned anyway. Take Bath for instance, we happened to be there on the day of a Rugby match. They were out in droves, yeah. Packed to the fekin lid. And Bath, no footy to speak of. Now I reckon that they'd pro'ly say the same thing 'bout Liverpool, no rugby to speak of there either, but we all know about footy, yeah. There's even the Blue Noses across the Park if you are into that sort of thing. Now I won't claim to be a rugby efficiannato, don't even really care for it, tell the truth, but in Bath they live breathe and shit the stuff. At least on matchday, but I think drinking cider and rugby must go together, I mean Magner's sponsors a whole league and Bath were/are sponsored by Blackthorne or something. Like I said, what I know about rugby you could fit in a wet paper bag (that's right the bottom wouldn't even fall out it is so little) and I am sure they might be confused if they showed up in the 'Pool on matchday and saw Carlsburg, Crown Paint, Candy, and now Standard Chartered sponsored stripes, but then again they like rugby so who knows.
I would be remiss I guess if I didn't mention we were still listening to the news and seeing no planes flying, but surely they would be back up by Sunday.


Interlude: Iraq

As promised here are some pictures from around camp. What I decided to show was some pictures of the very special features that we've added to Cell Block 300.


So here is a piece of "working" art that young Moreno has done for us. You'll note it looks a little like a movie theater, and that's what we asked for. Now with a projector and a DVD or Laptop this is where we show movies some nights. We've deffo come along way from the small TV that we were watching the NFL on when we first got here. A couple of you might be able to guess at who some of the silhouettes are, you can answer in the comments if you can.


Here you can see we also Co-opted the screen for the World Cup. Awesome right. This is Spain v Germany, the crowd isn't as big as it was for the couple of USA games we had on. But you can see that Yohan and I make up an almost complete kit. It wasn't just us that would watch either we have some of the Ugandan and Sierra Leone guards come by and sit with us too. Nothing like footy to bring people together. We got the chairs and table from another unit that left them out (no seriously they left them after they refraded home, what do you think we are a bunch of thieves?)

Today we got up at 0300, and yes some of us never went to sleep (not me I am too old for that game, but props to the rest of Those Guys {more on Those Guys last ride in another post}and everyone else who did the marathon-Cheers mates and thanks {'bout time some of them did any damn work anyway}) to pack up our stuff to send home.


"Said that's alright,


The deeper it bites,

I'm One Step Closer to Home"



End Interlude



So the Missus being the Jane Austin nut that she is has been to ol' Bath before and it was alright... pretty city and all that. All hills and the water running right through it. As seen below.

But I've got to say for me, it was a little too richy bitchy snobby wobbly. That's just me though I guess. Just not really my Cup of Tea. But speaking of tea...you can see the missus pictured below having a cuppa. We went to the Jane Austin Tea Room of somesuch and she just had to have a picture of her sipping with Mr. D'Arcy over her shoulder. I think she had me take one of her as thus with every bit of tech we had that day. Good thing we didn't have the Flip, otherwise you'd have to hear her slurp and slup.


Oh yeah the kid you can see in the back is part of some Continental invasion of richy people (that pro'ly plague ol' Bath all the fekin time). Probably from the Netherlands or somesuch proud Nordic blood and money. That and they charged us for like Two full teas, I mean they gave us two full teas, but bloody Hell lass, were the two of us really going to eat three scones each?

We did find an All Vegetarian Pub though, and that wasn't half bad, better in fact. I think upon walking in we were both a little afraid that it was going to be sprouts, cucumbers, tofu, and dirt but they actually had pub grub done without the death. T''was nice, I mean they generally have more veg options Everywhere than we do in the States (you notice I didn't even mention here right) but this was nice to be able to go for it, nice to know it can be done too. But again probably only in the Richy Whitchy places. I mean it was a nice day outside and I chose to sit inside, cos of the bag of loud cunts that were sitting laughing too loud with all their shopping bags 'round 'em. Whatever though it was cool.


So above is the your truly and the missus at some fancy place that I should probably remember about, but don't. We over heard a tour guide, I know right, a "Walking Tour of Bath" with the guide talking about how some crazy old bird had a visit from the Home Office cos she'd painted her door blue. You see this semi-circle of row house is like Hoyty toyty land and everything must be wonderful and the same. "Fek tha'" I say, it's like those damn Home Association, think they can tell you what you can do with yer own property, "fek'em I own the damn house don't I?" So good for you lady, just wish you'da painted it Red.

So we weren't long in Bath, cos we still thought we was gonna fly the next day. Little did we know, yeah. That's right folks we are headed into Free Vacation. Actually it cost us quite a bit, but you have to think of it as Extra Innings, yeah free baseball and all that, yeah.

Oh and you know if you can't always see the pictures real well you can click on them and they'll open up a bit bigger. Don't know if I mentioned that or not, but I actually found out awhile ago.

Cheers,
g

2 comments:

  1. I like how you type with an English accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorra keep it real la'. Gerit sum authenticity,yeah. Thought 'bout doing the Iraq stuff in the local speak, but just don't know if it would make sense. And I'd ha' to end e'ry fekin sentence with "Sirh"... "hello sieh" "how are you sirh" "you for me sirh, is good today sirh"
    Fekinell, It a'ready drive me crazy...can do tha' to the people, yeah.

    ReplyDelete