There is no definitive list of the Seven Signs, but this must not be the Seventh, cos I don't see Demi Moore anywhere.
So here I am watching Stephen Colbert, and he has on weirdo who has turned his New York City backyard into a "farm" and wrote a book. Sounds okay on the outside, but first he titles his book off a Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) lyric, "My Empire of Dirt" (from "Hurt" famously covered by Johnny Cash.) Strike One, especially when you get a look at the goober.
Strike Two (and maybe this isn't this guys fault, but) he starts throwing out this word..."Localvore." Has anyone else heard of this? Evidently, "Localvores" only eat food within a particular radius (ie 100 miles from their home.) This sounds like a good idea in part. It also seems like something pompus arse do to be "cool" or justify their meat eating. You can tell it must be some kind of shite thinking, cos they named it. Fekinel, I hate labels and the people who use them.
And on to Strike Three...then he starts talking about what he tried to "grow" and the first thing he mentions is fish, and then rabbits. You don't fekin grow fish, you don't grow rabbits. It makes me sick. The whole "animal agriculture" thing, it just isn't right. You don't grow living creature, you can raise them I suppose, but doesn't that hint at caring for them.
So yeah, this must be another sign of the Apocalypse, not really sure how many we have left. The world though going to Hell in a handbasket, so you'd better hold on cos chances are you'll be wandering 'round the circles of the underworld next to an animal "grower" or a fekin "Localvore."
I know I promised something better and sooner, but this really got to me.
Cheers,
g
No comments:
Post a Comment