I hate London, is that wrong of me? Oh well, lemme break it down the best I can. First there are too many tourists. I know technically we were tourists too, but that is besides the point. I think that everyone once they step outside their little boroughs feels like a tourist. So when people from West Ham go to Chelsea they feel like they don't belong. Seems that way too me anyway. Plus heard to much fekin French being spoken. Truthfully I will take listening to Arabic over French anyday. Maybe it is just me but London is just too much like LA for me, or even New York. Too much snooty shite, fer this Northern lad.We did have fun, our apartment was fekall small, seriously it was practically no bigger than the bed. T'was also way more expensive than our place in Liverpool. But truth be told we were a little tired of the vagabond life at that point and knew we had to get back to near the Capitol to fly out anyway.

We did do some cool stuff though. Took a boat all the way down the Thames to the flood gates. Which are quite the marvel of technology. Here are the big beasts below.

We also went to Greenwich where the time is told and all that. Even Jennifer hadn't been there so that was cool. Looked around at the exhibits and did the whole touristo thing and took pictures on each side of the Prime Meridian, the missus represented the West and I the East. She looks very serious below doesn't she?

We also saw a play in the Theater District whatever the Hell that is called again. Sorry but to me London is just a gateway to better things. but the play was pretty good, called The Warhorse. I's 'bout a boy an' his horse during World War One, and yes we both got a little teary eyed. They used puppet like things and they really had the horses movements down, you could actually suspend belief enough that you'd actually stop worrying about the people pulling the strings.
We ate Falafel almost everyday at the place where Jennifer used to go when she studied there. Took in a coupla museums and all that. Walked around a lot, cos the HQ was really too small to do much else in. And of course we had our share o' pints.

That's another thing too, none of the pubs felt like "yer local" they all seemed packed and like nobody cared about anybody but themselves and the people they were with. I guess London really feels like a city full of strangers, all moving self importantly through their little worlds. Like the Underground is nice and all but really it is fekall 'spensive. Like I said I don't see me spending a lot of time there anymore, gimme the north and the Pool of Life.
One more picture for you all. This may seem like nothing special but remember we hadn't seen planes in like two weeks. Might not seem like that big of a deal if you aren't from somewhere there is a big ass international airport (I mean Sacramento still seems too quiet to me sometimes having spent so much time on the San Francisco Peninsula) but fer chri'sakes there are 3 major airports 'round Londontown.

There we are finished and strangely enough the next time I write dear reader I will be at home. Crazy I know seems like a million years. But worry not about getting bored, even being home will be an adventure for awhile. That and we do have Hawaii next and the big Welcome Home Bash on Labor Day. I want to say thanks to everyone who kept me going and stayed with me to the end, both on the home front and here. You know who you are, you are the People... my People.
Thank You Goodnight!
Cheers,
g
YAAAHOOOOOOO! So, so glad you're on your way HOME and to your MISSUS! I have no doubt you're ready for some new adventures. Welcome back, Greg! *H+V+v
ReplyDeleteso glad that it is what it wass. welcome home
ReplyDelete