21 October 2009

MTS: Missing Time Syndrome

The name says it all really, and it's not just me...Here we go let me try and explain. I guess that people who are "abducted" by aliens or whatever, they usually can't account for some amount of time. You know they get "back" and look at the clock and say, "What the heck last thing I remember it was three o'clock."
"Why does the clock on the wall now say it's five-thirty," they say. "I know it was three because Oprah was on and I wanted to kill myself, now it's five-thirty and my rear end hurts."
Or whatever, you get the idea. And that is what they call Missing Time Syndrome, and I'm not talking about "Got so drunk I blacked out" time. That is another blog for another day (or not.)
Well that's what it felt like hitting boots on ground here again. Like I fell asleep or whatever and dreamed all the things that have happened during the past 3-4 years of my life. And were not talking about little stuff here, you know getting back, getting married all that stuff all the days and hours just melted away and it was like I'd never left. Weird right (understatement) but I've talked to a lot of people who are returning, whether it is to this particular place or somewhere else in the country...that all feel the Missing Time Syndrome. It smells the same, it looks the same. The heat is the same, the "dirt/sand/?" (another blog for another day as well) everything seems just the same. I wish I had better words for it but...
Suffice it to say that at least my rear end doesn't hurt (no anal probing or other experimentation, mash potato sculptures, or revelations...just weirdness.
I thought I might have a picture that would sum it all up (but if you've seen one picture you've seen them all, they don't always speak a thousand words, sometimes its just one or two or three {sometimes it's just a grunt or sigh}) but I've got nothing. Guess I'll have to try and train my eye to see something here that doesn't look like a thousand other pictures (or what you see when you close your eyes, you know like when you stub your toe or whatever and are jumping around in circles, swearing...with your eyes closed so tight that it goes from darkness to a light that I can't explain...but you know.)
I'll try though.
Cheers,
g

1 comment:

  1. How come no comments yet??? Quite glad no probing going on! Just remember that the last few years are the "real" ones, and it has been very cool to actually see you happy on numerous occasions! Hang tough Bro, and keep blogging - this is a very cool way to "keep in touch"

    ReplyDelete