Yep, look out, lock your doors, and stay away from the windows...live from Camp Liberty, it's Those Guys! Yeah what else were we going to call ourselves, it just kinda stuck (like the mud here, a story for another blog, coz "its only just begun") but what are you going to do about it? You might ask, or not (but I reckon I'm gonna tell you) seems like someone thought there was going to be a talent show at the Halloween Party, well turns out there wasn't but we went sorta balls to the wall and "burned the candle at both ends, and the middle" to try and get ready for it. Yep no time off and doing band practice at 2000 to whenever usually later that 2200-2330 or so. Still getting up, still working all day, and taking people who had only played a few times together and a couple that had never played together and slamming it all in PTs or ACUs and sometimes going without dinner (yeah RipIts, another story for another time, let me put it this way you know how Monsters, and RockStars come in those big ass cans? well RipIts are less than half that size and pack just as much, if not more caffeine...ah the Soldier's best friend) working it all out to try and put at least one song together for this talent show.
Well, the talent show wasn't a reality, but we decided to play at the compound...last Saturday night. Figured what the Hell, five days is plenty of time. We figured we'd kinda let the crowd decide which of the five songs we were learning we'd play at the Talent Show, Dave (the Manager/roadie/groupie) even invited the MWR guy, so even if there wasn't a talent show maybe we could get a gig somewhere down the line (I sure am glad someone believed in us the whole time, coz I pretty sure at one time or another we all doubted the Hell out of ourselves.)
So this is us in the Sentinel Chapel, sometime between eight o'clock pm and midnight practicing way. It was work, fun, sweaty, humourous, painful, and whatever else you might imagine. Oh yeah that and I broke a string every night
every night (some people say I play like I'm angry, I just like to think of it as passionate.) More on the actual gig later, with maybe even a supriseMr. PAO can ever get to work. (just kidding Ken)

Cheers,
g
No comments:
Post a Comment