So if you checked "the facebook" (I like saying it like that it makes me feel old and crusty) first then you are here for the continuation (seems you only get so many characters there, good thing that aint true here) of what I was trying to say. Here is what I started with...
-Guess I'd better chime in on Veteran's Day or Armistice Day, as it used to was called. A lot of good men and women have served in the making of this great country, and we should all tip our collective hat to them. By standing together we can make a difference in our country and the world. I guess I just want to say something from all of us here/now, and "Thank you" just doesn't seem enough. Maybe it will just have to do though.
Thank you to all the Vets and to all the well wishers. -
No only did I not have enough room for all that, but it just isn't enough, not really. I know it might be weird to hear me say that I am at a loss for words, but...Maybe I'm just tired. You'd think that I would be sure enough to have something eloquent to say, or at least ramble on about. But really "Thank You" says it all. It is weird to say "You're Welcome" but I guess someone should. So I'll step up and say it.
I like to think back on the history of our nation and think about all the people who had to believe in it to make it real. To make it what it is today (and hopefully what it can be tomorrow {'coz I won't lie, it isn't perfect and probably never has been...but that's what it is all about right? striving for the ideal.}) The words, "of the people, by the people" may not seem to always seem to mean as much as they once did, or what they really could, but don't let the hype fool you, don't let the status quo remain if you don't like it. Stand up for what you believe in and "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
Happy Veteran's Day
Thank you
Your Welcome
Cheers,
g
PS-I hope everyone enjoyed their day off (those of you that got one anyway.)
gsk
We're thinking of you today. Thank you for doing what you do.
ReplyDelete*H+V+v