15 March 2010

Bowling, "Down the Roses"

Sorry, there are no Roses here. But there is a bowling alley, and yes I know the title is a massive major jump...but I don't really feel good. Nothing to write home about (ha ha ha) I'll be okay.

Just wanted to talk about the bowling alley a little. And speaking of little it is...11 lanes that are stacked so close to each other that if'n yer large (like me) you are actually in the lane next to you when you go down. Not really sure why there is a bowling alley here, I know there is one on almost every Military Installation, but it doesn't feel like this one was made for us. I mean when we were there the other night (a nice brief respite I must say, don't think I could do it all the time but nice change of pace) there was only one other group of Soldiers. And we were there for almost two hours. The rest of the place was filled with contractors, of all types and varieties. From the wider older people who you expect to find at a bowling alley (please no one take offense here, I am not profiling or stereotyping but I have spent a fair amount of time in the bowling alleys of the world, and anyone else who has knows what I am talking about) to the folks who work in the laundry, to the guys next to us who I am pretty sure were on a blind date. (Read it twice if you have to it says what you think.)

I just don't know, it didn't feel...I don't know, right? It looked right from outside, you know there was the wall that could have been blocking the freeway noise (minus the big hole probably I guess it depends on where you bowl), the poor lighting, the parking lot filled with pick-up trucks, etc. Like I said I just don't think it was built for "us" and I really have to wonder what will happen to it later, when we are gone. Doing a lot of that actually, along with looking at all the civilians and wondering, "Why do we need YOU here?"

That is probably a blog best left for another day. I am tired now, so I just want to thank everyone for showing up and being patient (especially about the pictures, I do have some ideas, trust me) and say, "Sorry" to Mr. Johnson.

Cheers,
g

No comments:

Post a Comment