26 March 2010

Green on a Brown Planet



Or something like that...

Anyway among the many many gifts that my wife has sent me (thanks again dear) is the Message Bean. I gotta admit i was a little skeptical at first, but it has become a big hit around the Compound. What it is a little jar with some soil and a pod thing in it. So keep adding water to the can and eventually the pod bursts from the ground. Okay so the can says that when it grows your message will appear. So you know me taking everything literally I expect the pod thing to burst open and either speak, "Feed me Seymour!" or to open up like a fortune cookie.

Well it didn't do either, but it sure has grown. Hardly anyone walks by without commenting on it. "How's our plant doing?" "What is that thing anyway?" "Is that a weed?" on and on. So since we are getting to the end of the Iraqi Spring (all two weeks of it) and headed into where it will have to be a pretty amazing plant to keep growing or it will pass away. So here are a couple of pictures.

Oh, and the message thing...well there is a little Heart burned into it, I can only guess that is that is the message. So no fortune cookie, but no man eating plant either...

Cheers,
g

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I love that my plants are going brown right and left here in California spring and yours is growing so beautifully in the Iraqi spring. Clearly I need some help with my (lacking) green thumb.

    Viv and I dug your band's video - again, Viv requested "mo dee-tar!" (more guitar). So we played it a few times - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Knott Lavagnino29 April, 2010

    How did it fare while you were gone?
    Love You,
    J

    ReplyDelete